Don’t get caught sweltering in the summer heat when the temperature rises! The last thing you want is to discover that your air conditioner isn’t working on the first hot summer day. But this might be the case if you neglect to perform some quick annual maintenance before summer. But if you need to get an AC repair in August, you can always book an appointment with us. Here are ten helpful August air conditioning maintenance tips from Culver City Best Heating and Air Conditioning, your go-to choice for the best air conditioning services, for your homes and personal spaces:
- Make sure to regularly clean your filters every three months to prevent clogging with dust and dirt, which could lead to several issues. But if you use disposable filters, you may change them annually for the best results.
- Keep the windows and doors in your room closed to stop cool air from leaking out, which could make your air conditioner work harder to push more air into the space. To tightly seal the room and stop cool air from escaping, you can use caulking, weather-stripping, and the appropriate amount of insulation.
- Always switch your air conditioner off when it is not in use to prevent your AC from overworking and keep it functioning for a long time.
- Close the windows and draw the curtains to create a shady atmosphere in your room and block out any sunlight. UV rays, which are carried by sunlight, can cause a room to become very warm, especially in the summer.
- Consider using ceiling fans in addition to the AC to reduce energy consumption, maintain a comfortable indoor climate, and promote air circulation within your space. With this, the air is cooled more quickly, your air conditioner uses less energy, and its lifespan is increased.
- Ensure your AC is not blocked by pillars, walls, or other obstructions, such as sizable furniture. As air conditioners need to pull in and push out air, installing them in a small space will prevent them from operating effectively.
- Use a smart thermostat to determine the ideal temperature for your space, adjust the air conditioner as necessary, and lower your energy costs.
- Cleaning your air conditioning vents will improve airflow and prevent the release of dirt particles into your room, which poses serious health risks to you and your family.
- Ensure that the outdoor unit is always clean, and keep things like plants and vines away from it because they can obstruct the fan and harm the unit. The indoor unit’s effectiveness might also be impacted by it.
- Maintain the performance and durability of your air conditioners by performing routine maintenance to repair damage as soon as possible. Even if there are no obvious signs of damage, to determine its general condition you should conduct a maintenance inspection of the air conditioner every 4–5 months.
The average lifespan of a modern air conditioner is between 10 and 15 years, but if you don’t take care of it and conduct regular maintenance, it will begin to break down sooner. Once it does, your AC won’t be able to operate effectively, and the costly repairs will become annoying. If you follow the tips above, your air conditioner should last long and withstand hot summers allowing you to enjoy the sun with less inconvenience.
Should you need to book reliable services for your AC systems, you can reach the experts at Culver City Best Heating and Air Conditioning to assist you whenever you need to get licensed HVAC contractors to assist your needs! We guarantee to provide you with an intensive and thorough service that you need for your HVAC systems!
Don’t hesitate to call our hotlines if you have any questions or concerns or need to book assistance with us! Our team of licensed HVAC technicians will be happy to assist you anytime. Ensure fully functional HVAC systems all year round with us!